Student Equity and Achievement (SEA) Program was established on July 1, 2018 to support the system goals with emphasis on closing equity gaps by consolidating Student Success and Support Program, Noncredit Student Success and Support Program, Student Equity Program, and Basic Skills Initiative (Ed Code 78222).
As a condition of the receipt of funds for purposes of this section, a district shall comply with all of the following:
- Maintain a student equity plan pursuant to Section 78220 to ensure equal educational opportunities and to promote student success for all students, regardless of race, gender, age, disability, or economic circumstances.
- Provide matriculation services (orientation, counseling and advising, referral to specialized student support services, and other education planning services needed to assist a student in making informed decisions about his or her educational goal and course of study and in developing an education plan).
- Adopt and implement AB 705
- Provide all non-exempt* students with an education plan
*Students may be exempted per Ed Code 79215: concurrent students, students already have a degree, students enrolled for personal interest or maintaining licenses.
SEA Program aims to close equity gaps for disproportionately impacted student populations in these five metrics of achievement:
- Retention (Fall to Spring)
- Transfer-level Math and English during first year
- Vision goals (degree and certificates)